Tuesday 1 December 2015

Advent Activities 2015: December 1st, Paper Snowflakes

Along with the Lego Advent calendar my mum got the boys, and the Jesus Storybook Bible Advent reading plan, I've planned a special Christmas activity to do with the boys (or sometimes just Scout Kid) every day until Christmas Day. I'm looking forward to making this time special for them, and also really hoping I don't fall off the hat, like, a week in!

Today's activity was paper snowflakes, which a) is about the upper limit of my tolerance for crafts, and b) makes for the loveliest winter windows. I wasn't sure how this would go over; last year Scout Kid got really frustrated at his inability to make snowflakes as good as mine, and as for Feral Kid, his only experience with scissors thus far has been the rare occasions when he's managed to get his hands on a pair and then instantly had them snatched back by whatever parent was handy.

But they loved it! Scout Kid has the motor control now to approximate the shapes he's going for, and Feral Kid was just in love with using scissors. As I handed him his paper and he began making his first clumsy cuts, he kept exclaiming in glee, "I'm doing it! I'm doing it!"

Day One, success!

No comments:

Post a Comment