Tuesday 14 April 2015

Toddler Tuesdays: School Sparks Preschool Worksheets


Hi guys! Sorry for the radio silence. Life and stuff, you know the drill. So! I'm currently in the backcountry of Georgia for work, and we don't have much in the way of school or craft supplies. Scout Kid was getting a lot of mileage out of colouring the Shake N' Steak hats we got, but I thought maybe something a little more challenging was in order. Did some browsing on Amazon and came up with this lovely workbook, School Sparks. It's got 450 tear-out pages of worksheets in fine motor control, numeracy and early math, letter recognition, writing, visual discrimination, all the good stuff.

Scout Kid has been eating it up, doing a few pages in each 'subject', if you will, every morning while Feral Kid naps. It's interesting to see where, as a newly-minted three year old, the sheets are too easy (visual discrimination is totally unchallenging for him) and where they are too hard (mazes are still tough, can't really do initial phonics sounds or rhyming words at all. He outright tells me he has no idea what I'm talking about when I try to explain the concept of initial sounds.) It gives me an idea of where to focus our work going forward-- on which note, anybody have a good phonics app/game/workbook to recommend?

School Sparks also has a website with printable worksheets. FYI, the Amazon.ca link is currently listing the book for $300 used, but I paid $18 used here in the States, so maybe this is not a good time to buy through my Amazon Affiliates link?

No comments:

Post a Comment